Types of tests and documentation
Types of control documents
Inspection documents are issued in particular in accordance with EN 10204 or ISO 10474.
Inspection documents issued on the basis of non-specific controls
Type 2.1- Declaration of Conformity with Order
in which the manufacturer confirms that the delivered products correspond to the order requirements without the test results data.
Type 2.2 - Test Report
in which the manufacturer confirms that the delivered products correspond to the order requirements, with data on the test results. The report is issued on the basis of non-specific control.
Inspection documents issued on the basis of specific controls
Inspection Certificate 3.1,
is issued by an authority (manufacturer's production unit) which is independent department and is validated by the manufacturers authorized inspection representative. A 3.1 Material Certificate is endorsed only by the manufactures own representative who has to be independent from the manufacturing process and it is an inspection certificate that declares the ‘metallic products’ are in compliance with the order requirements and supply test results carried out on the basis of specific controls.
Inspection Certificate 3.2,
provides the most assurance of a material's properties. It independently declare that the products or material supplied by a manufacturer meet the requirements of the buyer's order, stating the results of the tests carried out on the basis of a specific check.
Types of controls
the inspection carried out by the manufacturer with his usual procedures to ascertain whether the products meet the requirements stated in the order, the controlled products do not have to be part of the delivery.
the inspection performed by the manufacturer in accordance with the relevant product specification to determine whether the products meet the requirements stated in the order, the tests must be carried out on the delivered products or on the products of the test unit that are part of the delivery.
By testing the tubes, it is proven that the properties of the tubes are consistent with the requirements of the order, relevant standards and customer specifications. The tests may be:
- mandatory tests resulting from the requirements of individual standards and customer specifications,
- optional tests agreed upon when ordering the tubes by selecting from a selection of optional tests of individual standards,
- customers' specific requirements to perform the tests (beyond the mandatory and optional tests of individual standards and customer specifications)
Types of tests
- dimensional checks
- mechanical properties: tensile, hardness, impact bend test
- technological tests: flattening, flaring, flanging, bending, ring test
- Impermeability: pressure, non-destructive methods
- non-destructive testing (eddy current, stray flux, ultrasound) longitudinal defects, transverse defects duality
- control of chemical composition of steel (melt analysis, metal flow tests, analysis of finished product..)
- visual control
- further testing (metallography, corrosion resistance, etc.).